Advertisement

‘Wednesday’ Star Denies Sexual Assault Allegations

The Netflix series Wednesday became a huge success, especially for Jenna Ortega’s titular role. Of course, Xavier Thorpe actor Percy Hynes White was also a large part of the series, though the Wednesday actor has faced sexual assault allegations following its release.

Now, as noted in White’s Instagram story, he’s released a statement in response to the allegations. He denies the allegations which started to surface earlier this year. He even states that footage of himself in character was used as evidence to support the alleged assault claims.

Here’s what the Wednesday actor wrote regarding the sexual assault allegations:

“Earlier this year, somebody I’ve never met started a campaign of misinformation about me online. Because of this, my family has been doxxed, and my friends have received death threats.”

He continues:

“Underage photos of me were used, and examples of me acting in character were presented as hateful. My friend Jane was falsely portrayed as a victim, and her attempts to set the record straight have been ignored. She gave me permission to include her in this message.”

White further insists that the rumors are not true:

“The rumors are false. I can’t accept the portrayal of me as someone bigoted, or criminally negligent of people’s safety. These are the kind of baseless, harmful claims that can create mistrust toward victims.”

The statement is concluded as follows:

“It’s very distressing to know that this misinformation has upset people. I’m really thankful for everyone who’s stood by me and helped share the facts. Harassment of my family, friends and coworkers needs to stop please. Thank you for taking the time to read this.”

Netflix has yet to release a response to these allegations which began following the release of Wednesday. It all started after a Twitter user shared a series of tweets, which are now deleted, alleging White of having pursued sexual relationships with underage women when he was between 17 and 20 years of age. Some of these women are said to have been as young as 13 years old. Other users contributed allegations that White uses racial slurs in addition to having made inappropriate jokes.

Stay tuned to ScreenGeek for any additional updates as we have them.


‘Wednesday’ Star Denies Sexual Assault Allegations
Source: Breaking Update News

Post a Comment

0 Comments