Advertisement

Florence Pugh Responds To Backlash Over Showing Her Nipples

Florence Pugh wore quite the surprising outfit last year, a Valentino dress that revealed her nipples behind a sheer top. Of course, there was backlash online, as many chose to criticize Pugh’s fashion choices. Now Florence Pugh has responded to the outrage.

She recently spoke with Jodie Turner-Smith in an interview with Elle UK for their October issue. During their interview, she opened up about her decisions to wear “loud clothing.” It can be traced back to her desire to be colorful and bold.

As Pugh shared:

“I think I’ve always been interested in wearing loud clothing,” she began. “I’ve always loved color. I’ve always wanted to be bold and make a bit of a scene — I don’t think that’s gone away… I’ve become more confident in the last few years, and I think that’s hugely linked to the clothes I’ve been wearing. The more you can enjoy it, the more [people] can see that you’re enjoying it.”

This led to a discussion about the aforementioned Valentino dress:

“When everything went down with the Valentino pink dress a year ago, my nipples were on display through a piece of fabric, and it really wound people up,” she continued.

Florence Pugh believes it’s her freedom that makes people upset:

“It’s the freedom that people are scared of; the fact I’m comfortable and happy,” she added. “Keeping women down by commenting on their bodies has worked for a very long time… Unfortunately, we’ve become so terrified of the human body that we can’t even look at my two little cute nipples behind fabric in a way that isn’t sexual.”

The Marvel star further explained why she tries to be so outspoken about her body and the bodies of other women:

“I speak the way I do about my body because I’m not trying to hide the cellulite on my thigh or the squidge in between my arm and my boob; I would much rather lay it all out,” she explained. “We need to keep reminding everybody that there is more than one reason for women’s bodies [to exist].”

Stay tuned to ScreenGeek for any additional updates on Florence Pugh and her career as we have them. She recently starred in Oppenheimer which similarly received backlash for Pugh’s nude scenes.


Florence Pugh Responds To Backlash Over Showing Her Nipples
Source: Breaking Update News

Post a Comment

0 Comments