Advertisement

Jena Malone Says She Was Sexually Assaulted Filming Final ‘Hunger Games’ Movie

Jena Malone made her debut in the Hunger Games film franchise with the 2013 film Catching Fire. Now, however, she’s claimed to have been sexually assaulted during the production for one of the hit films.

This was shared by Jena Malone in an Instagram post. She included the claim of having been sexually assaulted in the caption of a photo taken while working on one of the films.

Here’s what she wrote:

“This photo was taken right after I wrapped Mockingjay: Part Two and I had to say goodbye to everyone on set. We were shooting in a beautiful estate in the countryside of France and I asked the driver to let me out in this field so I could cry and capture this moment.”

She continued:

“Even though this time in Paris was extremely hard for me, was going thru a bad break up and also was sexually assaulted by someone I had worked with, I was so full of gratitude for this project, the people I became close with and this amazing part I got to play. A swirling mix of emotions I’m only now just learning to sort thru.”

Malone also emphasized how she wished the image “wasn’t tied to such a traumatic event.”

“I wish it wasn’t tied to such a traumatic event for me but that is the real wildness of life I guess,” she added. “How to hold the chaos with the beauty. I’ve worked very hard to heal and learn thru restorative justice, how to make peace with the person who violated me and make peace with myself.”

As such, she explains how difficult it has been to discuss the Hunger Games film franchise and her role in the series. Nevertheless, she’s made it clear that she plans to move forward and “reclaim the joy and accomplishment” that she felt working on the films. She also released a statement to any other survivors of sexual assault.

“It’s been hard to talk about the hunger games and Johanna Mason without feeling the sharpness of this moment in time but I’m ready to move thru it and reclaim the joy and accomplishment I felt. Lots of love to you survivors out there. The process is so slow and non linear. I want to say im here for anyone who needs to talk or vent or open uncommunicated spaces within themselves. Please dm me if you need a safe space to be heard.”

Here’s the post:

She also elaborated regarding certain details in some of the post’s comments. For example, one user claimed that the person who assaulted her managed to “walk away” without any consequence. But Malone corrected them:

“No that’s not true,” she replied. “I used restorative justice to allow healing and accountability and growth with the other person. It was a hard process but one I believe truly helped me move thru some of the hardest parts of the grief.”

She also added the following as to why she kept the individual’s identity anonymous, citing the “cancel-like culture that has been created” as one reason:

“I also don’t fully see how the criminal justice system could fully repair my healing, though I do believe it can help in many ways.”

As such, we’ll have to wait and see if any other details regarding Jena Malone and her claims of sexual assault come to light.


Jena Malone Says She Was Sexually Assaulted Filming Final ‘Hunger Games’ Movie
Source: Breaking Update News

Post a Comment

0 Comments