Advertisement

Stephen King Reveals Bizarre Reason For Nearly Having A Divorce

Author Stephen King is well-known for his numerous horror novels and short stories, including the likes of The Monkey. In a new interview, however, Stephen King took the time to open up and reveal why his wife, Tabitha, almost made the decision to divorce him.

One’s first thoughts might go towards The Shining, but it turns out that the reason King made his wife so upset isn’t so dark. In fact, it’s quite humorous, as the reason involves the 1990s hit “Mambo No. 5.” This was revealed by King when Rolling Stone asked if the rumors that he was a big fan of the song were true.

“Oh, yeah. Big time,” King began.

He continued explaining that due to his love of the song, it was almost enough to drive his wife to divorce.

“My wife threatened to divorce me. I played that a lot. I had the dance mix. I loved those extended play things, and I played both sides of it.

“And one of them was just total instrumental. And I played that thing until my wife just said, ‘One more time, and I’m going to f***ing leave you’.”

Interestingly, the Pet Sematary author adds that listening to music is a large part of his writing process. In fact, he often listens to certain tracks repeatedly, and this often includes disco or techno music.

“But when I write, there are things that I can listen to a lot. And a lot of it is techno stuff or disco stuff, but techno in particular.

“There’s this group called LCD Soundsystem, and I love that. Fat Boy Slim is somebody else. I can just listen to that stuff.

“If you tried to write and listen to Leonard Cohen, how the f*** would you do that? Because you’d have to listen to the words and you’d have to listen to what he’s saying. But with some of the techno stuff, or KC and the Sunshine Band, Gloria Gaynor, it’s all good.”

Stay tuned to ScreenGeek for any additional Stephen King news as we have it. Fortunately, it looks like Stephen King agreed to stop listening to “Mambo No. 5,” and kept his wife from going through with the divorce.


Stephen King Reveals Bizarre Reason For Nearly Having A Divorce
Source: Breaking Update News

Post a Comment

0 Comments